Have you been injured or lost a loved one because of a dangerous product? William R. Kendall is a defective product lawyer in Reno, NV, who can advise you of your next steps so you can secure appropriate compensation. It might be that the manufacturer is liable, or the marketing for the product was misleading. There is also the possibility that the product was improperly designed, or there was a distribution error. Contact the firm online or call (775) 324-6464 for more information about how we can help you seek full financial recovery for injuries from a defective product. Initial consultations are free of charge.
What Is Product Liability?
A products liability case is a special kind of legal action. The basis for the claim is that a product is so dangerous that is caused a personal injury. The damage may come from a design flaw, a defect in manufacturing, mistakes made along the line of distribution, or another error inherent to the product itself. The product might be a consumer product, such as a car or small appliance or a commercial product, like a medical device or certain medications. The bottom line is that the end user is entitled to a safe product. When that does not happen, victims have options as to who to hold accountable and what claims to make.
If you have been injured by a defective product, we will fight for full and fair compensation for your injuries. Bill Kendall has been helping victims since 1994 and can help you too.
Examples of Defective Products
Nearly any product can contain a defect and cause injury. But there are some products that come up frequently on the list:
- Cars and car parts such as tires, brakes, and restraint systems
- Recreational vehicles such as golf carts, snowmobiles, ATVs, and motorized scooters
- Medications and medical devices or implants
- Machinery and tools
- Small appliances, including curling irons and hair dryers
- Toys and board games, including small pieces
If a medical device such as a pacemaker becomes faulty, it can have devastating and even fatal consequences.
This list does not include every type of defective product, and every case is unique. No matter what type of product has caused your injury, you are entitled to compensation and other damages. Let our firm review the facts of your case and help you decide the best way to proceed.
How to Establish Liability in Defective Products Cases
In order to make a claim, you will need to establish liability. This is done by examining:
- Design flaws: When a product is not properly designed and causes injury as a result, the designer can be held responsible for the defective and dangerous design.
- The manufacturing process: If there was a mistake during the manufacture of the product, the maker of the product can be held liable. This includes mistakes made in the actual manufacturing of the product, or in the materials used.
- Distribution and warning: When a product is likely to cause an injury, there is a duty to warn consumers of that possibility. Failing to do so opens up parties along the distribution line to liability.
Once liability is established, our Reno team will push for recovery from the responsible entity. We do this by making a demand for payment, and taking your case all the way to trial if necessary. Our demand includes reimbursement for lost wages, medical expenses incurred, the loss of future earning capacity, and the costs of ongoing or long term care. If warranted, we will also pursue punitive damages.
Take Action Today
If you have been injured by a defective product, we will fight for full and fair compensation for your injuries. Mr. Kendall has been helping victims since 1994 and can help you too. You can contact our Reno firm online, or by calling the office at (775) 324-6464. Reach out to schedule your free initial consultation.