Getting The Help You Need From A Motor Vehicle Accident Attorney
William R. Kendall is a motor vehicle accident attorney who can assist victims in collecting restitution from the party or parties responsible for causing an accident that causes injuries, property damage, and other losses. He will gather evidence, consult experts in accident reconstruction, speak to insurance adjusters on your behalf, negotiate a settlement, and, if necessary, represent you in a lawsuit. At the Law Office of William R. Kendall in Reno, NV, we have been fighting for victims since 1994. Mr. Kendall looks at the facts of your case, explains what steps need to be taken to give you the best chance at obtaining maximum recovery, and takes the actions needed to collect what you deserve.
Bill Kendall provides free consultations, and you pay no fees unless and until he secures a jury award or settlement.
What To Do after A Car Accident
If you have been in an accident involving a car, motorcycle, or commercial truck, the first thing you need to do is move to the side of the road, if possible. Once you are out of harm’s way, call for help. When the authorities arrive on scene, you will need to explain what happened. Giving the officer as much detail as possible allows the officer to write a full report, which will be a key piece of evidence in your case. You should also:
- Take photos of the damage done to your car.
- Get the names and contact information of any witness, as well as the contact information of the other parties involved in the accident.
- Make note of the insurance information for the other driver, including the agent's name and phone number as well as the policy number, if available.
You must avoid saying anything that could be used against you later. This includes something as innocent as offering an apology, an impulse that many of us feel even if we are not at fault. As soon as you are able, call our attorney in Reno to handle the next steps.
Your phone can be one of your best allies in documenting the accident and gathering important evidence.
What To Expect during a Car Accident Case
Once you have a qualified motor vehicle accident attorney on your side, you can expect your personal injury case to follow these steps:
- Your attorney will investigate the case to determine liability.
- After establishing who caused the accident, your attorney will make a demand for repayment from the liable party. This requires negotiation with the insurance agent representing the at-fault driver, and can become complicated if liability is denied or if the agent offers less than what you deserve.
- If you are unable to reach a settlement, your attorney will file a lawsuit on your behalf. During the litigation phase of your case, you may be called upon to give a deposition or provide answers to written questions about the accident. Don’t worry! Your attorney will be by your side during these times.
Whether you settle or go to court, your attorney will pursue a full recovery on your behalf. This includes repayment for medical expenses, time away from work, the costs of medications and physical therapy, and other expenses related to the accident. Bill Kendall has helped many other victims recover financially from car accidents, and he can help you too. Call us today to learn more.
For help from a trusted motor vehicle accident attorney, we can be reached online, or by calling our Reno office at (775) 376-5142. We look forward to helping you rebuild your life in the wake of an injury.