An Animal Attacks Attorney Protects Victims Rights
Animal attacks can have severe physical and emotional repercussions.
Mr. Kendall can explain the law as it relates to your case and aggressively pursue full and fair compensation for the damage done. Our office offers a free initial consultation, where you will be able to sit down and talk with a qualified attorney about your case. Together, we decide the best course of action to take, and fight for the maximum compensation you are entitled to receive.
What Do I Do after an Attack?
If you have been bitten by a dog, cat, or suffered another type of injury from an animal attack, it is critical to call the right attorney for help. You will need to identify the animal and the their owner, and seek appropriate medical care for the injuries caused. Keep a record of your injury by taking photos, collecting medical records, and tracking your recovery process in a diary. A qualified animal attacks attorney will review the case and help you file a claim against the responsible party.
To maximize the damages you are entitled to receive, you should talk with a knowledgeable attorney about your case.
What Types of Animal Attacks Can I Sue For?
Most injuries do come from dogs, but it is possible to be injured in other ways. For instance:
- A kick from a horse can cause serious, even life-threatening injuries. Most injuries from horses are regarded as domestic animal cases, where the legal standard is one of negligence. Your animal attack attorney will examine the facts to identify the elements needed to make a claim of negligence in these cases.
- Owners of wild animals can be held liable for injuries caused by the animal. Cases in this category typically involve animals such as monkeys, snakes, and some birds. The law in this area is specialized, where the animal’s owner can be held liable without the requirement to prove negligent behavior simply because the animal is known to be undomesticated.
Becoming the victim of an animal attack is usually not the first thing people think of when they consider getting a pet or spending time with the pet of a family or friend. But it is important to be aware of and prepared for any possible risks.
Damages in Animal Attack Cases
The damages you are entitled to recover as a victim of an animal attack vary depending on the severity of your injuries, but generally include:
- Medical expenses
- Cost of rehabilitation or physical therapy services
- Cost of counseling for psychological or emotional trauma
- Lost wages, if you had to take time off work to recover from your injuries or go to follow up appointments
In some cases, where the attack is especially devastating or the owner’s behavior is egregious, you may be entitled to an award of punitive damages, though this is rare.
Every case is different. To maximize the damages you are entitled to receive, you should talk with a knowledgeable attorney about your case.
For help from a trusted animal attacks attorney, contact us online or call our office at (775) 324-6464